About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech), the Gallium Nitride (GaN) material technology developer, focuses on the development of high performance and energy efficient wide-bandgap compound GaN semiconductors. Its unique production process allows the controlled creation of a new class of nanostructured GaN semiconductor materials, called PoroGaNTM, engineered to deliver new materials properties and functionalities.
GaN is the silicon of the future, as it has many more interesting properties, including energy efficiency, than any other semiconductor materials. We can control the porosification process to vary the GaN nanostructures and hence engineer a wide range of material properties, such as optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical.
In conjunction with its partner and foundry network, Porotech is commercialising its PoroGaNTM semiconductor device solutions, offering an entirely new platform for MicroLED devices to be built upon and delivering transformative properties in a single, fully scalable step.
The technology is revolutionising the next-generation Micro-LED display industry by enabling all three (red, green and blue) pixel colours to be realised on a single InGaN materials system – an important world-first for mass market adoption.
About the role
We are looking for a Test Technician to join our expanding team. This is a hands-on role supporting and working closely with our team of engineers. You will play a key role in handling and testing optoelectronic materials & devices. This is a vital role, ensuring that our microLED products meet high standards as we scale to meet increasing demand from our globally-recognised customers.
What you will do
Working alongside engineers in the product team your role will focus on electrical and optical characterisation of LED materials & products, following established processes and protocols. In addition you will propose and carry out continuous improvement to these processes and contribute to expansion of characterisation capability. You will report to the lead characterisation engineer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effective running of electrical and optical testing processes and protocols
- Maintaining records and reporting of experimental results
- Carrying out day-to-day activities in the characterisation lab
- Working with other product team members on continuous improvement
- Contribute to the team by performing other tasks when necessary
Skills & experience required:
- Experience working in a commercial laboratory or manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge of circuits, electronics or semiconductors
- Experience of manual handling under magnification
- Observant and excellent attention-to-detail
- Competent IT skills
- Ability to work independently to meet agreed objectives and timelines
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- BSc in physics, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering or a similar discipline, or two years testing or process engineer experience in semiconductors
- Experience with common electrical and optical analytical methods (optical microscopy, probe stations, source-measurement-units, integrating spheres)
- Experience measuring electro-optic devices (e.g. LEDs, lasers)
- Data analysis skills in Excel, Python, Matlab etc.
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate could also benefit from a generous company share option program as well as health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to making your acquaintance.