Technical Program Manager
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech) utilises its core porous GaN platform technology and global supply chain to deliver next generation microLED technologies into applications from AR glasses to videowalls. The PoroGaN® platform enables Porotech to produce both high colour purity monochrome microLED technology and multi/full colour displays based on its’ ground-breaking DynamicPixelTuning® (DPT®) technology.
The DPT® technology offers an entirely new approach to full colour microLED displays. DPT means the end of ‘RGB’ sub-pixels and instead allows a single pixel to be designated any colour in the visible spectrum. This simplifies & improves the design of the display and optical system and removes major manufacturing roadblocks.
About the role
We are looking for a highly capable Technical Program Manager (TPM) to drive our technology forward to mass production across multiple verticals.
The ideal candidate will drive the design process across both internal development teams and external vendors, communicate progress to all stakeholders, and manage resources, risk and deadlines across multiple cross-functional project teams.
The role requires excellent communication, in addition to strong organization and strategic planning skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage research and product / process development programs to create display components and silicon through collaboration with the engineering teams on development activities. These include strategic planning and architecture definition from NTI to mass production execution
- Work with engineering teams to map the scope, and identify constraints, dependencies, and risks
- Identify required resources and work closely with team leaders to maintain full visibility of the project schedule and potential roadblocks
- Lead program milestone reviews and present project status to the executive team
- Operate at varying levels of ambiguity, ranging from high-level strategic planning (technology selection, organisational structure, commercial partnerships) to tactical project management (prioritisation, schedule creation, milestone definition and execution, and deliverables management)
- Break down the complexity of deep technical programs to enable a clear understanding of scope and deliverables to cross-functional team members across various disciplines
- Act as the main channel of communication in key formal discussions that involve technical team leaders, cross functional and external partners, and other members of the organisation
- Establish the product development plan, drive the execution, and manage the day-to-day activities of the program
- Manage projects with suppliers and partners, from writing statements of work to final deliverables in collaboration, incorporating feedback from Business Development, Legal, and Procurement
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (4-6 times a year)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of technical program management experience (or related role) in the semiconductor field – preferably leading complex display component development programs
- Experience practicing phased product and technology development lifecycle
- Experience with new technology and product introduction (NTI/NPI) and technology transfer best practice and tools
- Experience with cross-functional programs across hardware and early product definition phases
- Knowledge of program and issue tracking
- Experience building, coordinating, and maintaining schedules across multiple teams, and managing shared resources to lead successful technology development programs
- Experience leading and partnering with Asian-based vendors and contract manufacturers
- Demonstrated experience in developing, shipping and ramping product into high volume manufacturing
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience motivating, influencing, and resolving conflict amongst a cross-functional team
- Excellent communication skills with experience synthesizing information into a concise form
- Experience communicating technical information to all levels of the organisation
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate could also benefit from a generous company share option program as well as health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making your acquaintance.