Senior Optical Engineer
About the company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech) utilises its core porous GaN platform technology and global supply chain to deliver next generation microLED technologies into applications from AR glasses to videowalls. The PoroGaN® platform enables Porotech to produce both high colour purity monochrome microLED technology and multi/full colour displays based on its’ ground-breaking DynamicPixelTuning® (DPT®) technology.
The DPT® technology offers an entirely new approach to full colour microLED displays. DPT means the end of ‘RGB’ sub-pixels and instead allows a single pixel to be designated any colour in the visible spectrum. This simplifies & improves the design of the display and optical system and removes major manufacturing roadblocks.
About the role
Porotech is looking for a highly capable Senior Optical Engineer to join the team.
The candidate will develop a variety of optical techniques to enhance the efficiency of our proprietary Porous GaN microLED stack and will work as part of a cross-functional team to support both research and product development.
The candidate will design advanced optical structures and evaluate the manufacturability of them in collaboration with manufacturing engineers and external manufacturing partners and contribute to design and process improvements to ensure a successful mass production ramp.
- Experience in both ray tracing and physical optics fundamentals and design tools (e.g. Zemax, Code V, Optics Studio, Meep).
- Experience in developing optical models for novel material systems.
- Fundamental understanding of the optical properties of absorption and light extraction, and the ability to characterise them.
- Capable of designing test structures to characterise optical properties of novel materials.
- Familiarity with manufacturing tolerances, characterization procedures and issues relating to mass-production.
- Thin film stack design and optical properties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Electrical, Physics, or Optical) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in developing optical components or systems for mass production.
- Experience in characterising optical systems and components in a lab environment.
- Experience in working with manufacturing partners to bring complex optical systems from the prototype phase to mass production.
- 5 years of experience working on the optical design and fabrication of imaging systems (e.g., Optics Studio, CODE V).
- 2 years of experience with a mathematical coding language (e.g., MATLAB, Python, etc.).
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate could also benefit from a generous company share option program as well as health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making your acquaintance.