Senior MOCVD Engineer
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech), the Gallium Nitride (GaN) material technology developer, focuses on the development of high performance and energy efficient wide-bandgap compound GaN semiconductors. Its unique production process allows the controlled creation of a new class of nanostructured GaN semiconductor materials, called PoroGaNTM, engineered to deliver new materials properties and functionalities.
GaN is the silicon of the future, as it has many more interesting properties, including energy efficiency, than any other semiconductor materials. We can control the porosification process to vary the GaN nanostructures and hence engineer a wide range of material properties, such as optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical.
In conjunction with its partner and foundry network, Porotech is commercialising its PoroGaNTM semiconductor device solutions, offering an entirely new platform for MicroLED devices to be built upon and delivering transformative properties in a single, fully scalable step.
The technology is revolutionising the next-generation Micro-LED display industry by enabling all three (red, green and blue) pixel colours to be realised on a single InGaN materials system – an important world-first for mass market adoption.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced MOCVD engineer to support our R&D and product development teams as we continue to grow and develop our technology. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in our exciting technology projects, playing a key role in helping us to deliver high quality products and services to our world-leading customers and partners.
What you will do
We are looking for a Senior MOCVD Engineer to join our product team and work on the development of MOCVD epitaxial processes and procedures which will be delivered into our technology projects. You will benefit from the opportunity to see your developments through to final commercialisation, working closely with the production team to help optimise device performance and yield.
If you have this mindset and believe you could bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we’d love to meet you and find out if our challenge is just as exciting to you as it is to us.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Development of MOCVD epitaxy processes to support projects related to our porous GaN technology and MicroLED products
- Deliver epitaxial wafers into technology projects as required by the work schedule
- Document and implement epitaxy R&D practices, approaches and policies
- Develop in-house epitaxy characterisation capabilities to minimise the learning cycle time
- Provide technical support to the production team to help deliver high quality and high yield MOCVD processing
- PhD or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Hands on experience in MOCVD epitaxy of GaN structures
- MOCVE process development with a proven track record
- Strong understanding of LED device performance linked to epitaxy process and design
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Capability to understand and communicate technical information to a diverse audience
- Understanding GaN materials and device characterisation techniques, such as XRD, PL, AFM, SEM, TEM, EL etc.
- Industry experience with GaN MOCVE epitaxy process development
- Hands-on experience in MOCVD equipment maintenance
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate will also benefit from a generous company share option program as well as health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making your acquaintance.