Process & Materials Technician
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech), the Gallium Nitride (GaN) material technology developer, focuses on the development of high performance and energy efficient wide-bandgap compound GaN semiconductors. Its unique production process allows the controlled creation of a new class of nanostructured GaN semiconductor materials, called PoroGaNTM, engineered to deliver new materials properties and functionalities.
GaN is the silicon of the future, as it has many more interesting properties, including energy efficiency, than any other semiconductor materials. We can control the porosification process to vary the GaN nanostructures and hence engineer a wide range of material properties, such as optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical.
In conjunction with its partner and foundry network, Porotech is commercialising its PoroGaNTM semiconductor device solutions, offering an entirely new platform for MicroLED devices to be built upon and delivering transformative properties in a single, fully scalable step.
The technology is revolutionising the next-generation Micro-LED display industry by enabling all three (red, green and blue) pixel colours to be realised on a single InGaN materials system – an important world-first for mass market adoption.
About the role
We are looking for a Process & Materials Technician to join our expanding team to assist in the running of our unique production process. The role is to support the process team and the effective running of the processes, reporting to the Process Manager. The role will be based in Cambridge, UK and standard working hours of 9.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. If you believe you could bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we would love to meet you and find out if our challenge is just as exciting to you as it is to us.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring an effective running of our processes
- Optical inspection and characterisation of our products
- Liaising with the process team on continuous improvement
- Maintaining day-to-day activities in both lab and cleanroom
- Maintaining records are documented thoroughly
- BSc in Physics, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering or a similar discipline, or two years process operator experience.
- Experience of working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment
- Observant and excellent attention-to-detail
- Experience with handling and disposing of chemicals
- Hands-on cleanroom experience
- Hands-on experience with electrochemical/wet etching processes
- Knowledge and understanding of wide-bandgap semiconductor materials and processing technologies
- Experience with materials characterisation using optical microscopy, PL, SEM, AFM etc.
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate could also benefit from a generous company share option program as well as health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making your acquaintance.