Process & Materials Technician
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech) utilises its core porous GaN platform technology and global supply chain to deliver next generation microLED technologies into applications from AR glasses to videowalls. The PoroGaN® platform enables Porotech to produce both high colour purity monochrome microLED technology and multi/full colour displays based on its’ ground-breaking DynamicPixelTuning® (DPT®) technology.
The DPT® technology offers an entirely new approach to full colour microLED displays. DPT means the end of ‘RGB’ sub-pixels and instead allows a single pixel to be designated any colour in the visible spectrum. This simplifies & improves the design of the display and optical system and removes major manufacturing roadblocks.
About the role
We are looking for a Process & Materials Technician to join our expanding team to assist in the running of our unique production process. Must have proof of right to work in the UK to apply.
The role is to support the process team and the effective running of the processes, reporting to the Process Manager. The role will be based in Cambridge, UK, with standard working hours 9:00 – 17:00. If you believe you could bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we would love to meet you and find out if our challenge is just as exciting to you as it is to us.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring an effective running of our processes
- Optical inspection and characterisation of our products
- Liaising with the process team on continuous improvement
- Maintaining day-to-day activities in both lab and cleanroom
- Maintaining records are documented thoroughly
- A levels or equivalent in STEM
- Experience of working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment
- Observant and excellent attention-to-detail
- Experience with handling and disposing of chemicals
- Ability to work as a team
- Good manual dexterity
- Hands-on cleanroom experience
- Hands-on experience with electrochemical/wet etching processes
- Experience with materials characterisation using optical microscopy, PL, SEM, AFM etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A degree/apprenticeship/operator experience in any STEM field
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyse scientific data
- Ability to work within specific guidelines, following SOPs/documentation
- Understanding of quality control and health and safety guidelines
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate will benefit from health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to making your acquaintance.