Electrical/Electromechanical Engineer (EME)
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech), the Gallium Nitride (GaN) material technology developer, focuses on the development of high performance and energy efficient wide-bandgap compound GaN semiconductors. Its unique production process allows the controlled creation of a new class of nanostructured GaN semiconductor materials, called PoroGaNTM, engineered to deliver new materials properties and functionalities.
GaN is the silicon of the future, as it has many more interesting properties, including energy efficiency, than any other semiconductor materials. We can control the porosification process to vary the GaN nanostructures and hence engineer a wide range of material properties, such as optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical.
In conjunction with its partner and foundry network, Porotech is commercialising its PoroGaNTM semiconductor device solutions, offering an entirely new platform for MicroLED devices to be built upon and delivering transformative properties in a single, fully scalable step.
The technology is revolutionising the next-generation Micro-LED display industry by enabling all three (red, green and blue) pixel colours to be realised on a single InGaN materials system – an important world-first for mass market adoption.
About the role
We are now recruiting a skilled Electrical/Electro-mechanical Engineer to design, test and upgrade our special-purpose machinery system. This is an important role in our fast-growing company to revolutionise the future and is responsible for designing and developing tools used to precisely monitor and control machinery, processes and systems.
- Develop electromechanical assemblies for special-purpose test rigs, involving detailed design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, troubleshooting and assembly of electronics and electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models, specialized test equipment, tools and test fixtures.
- Coordinate the procurement and assembly of mechanical components/equipment and identify sources of critical parts and subsystems to resolve technical issues
- Maintenance of mechanical components of photoluminescence mapper, electroluminescence mapper, microscopes, etc;
- Design or modify mechanical engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of moderate scope under general supervision;
- Observes all safety standards, and maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment;
- Develop and document procedures to install, retrofit and maintain the system;
- Communicating with the internal and external technicians and engineers to promote best practice for technical solutions;
- Training additional staff in assembly and test processes.
Experience & Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum five years’ experience in an engineering team;
- Demonstrable experience of developing and automating test rigs and machinery for manufacturing;
- Demonstrable experience to specify and source components for hardware development;
- Demonstratable experience in performing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic & vacuum and process testing;
- Good communication skills.
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £30K – £50K pa based on experience
- Benefits: generous company share option program, health & dental insurance, 25 days holiday, pension plan
- Location: Sawston – commutable from Cambridge, Huntington, Ely, Peterborough, Bedford, Newmarket, etc
To apply please send an email to email@example.com with the job reference (EME) and attach a cover letter with full CV.