Controls & Instrumentation Engineer (CIE)
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech), the Gallium Nitride (GaN) material technology developer, focuses on the development of high performance and energy efficient wide-bandgap compound GaN semiconductors. Its unique production process allows the controlled creation of a new class of nanostructured GaN semiconductor materials, called PoroGaNTM, engineered to deliver new materials properties and functionalities.
GaN is the silicon of the future, as it has many more interesting properties, including energy efficiency, than any other semiconductor materials. We can control the porosification process to vary the GaN nanostructures and hence engineer a wide range of material properties, such as optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical.
In conjunction with its partner and foundry network, Porotech is commercialising its PoroGaNTM semiconductor device solutions, offering an entirely new platform for MicroLED devices to be built upon and delivering transformative properties in a single, fully scalable step.
The technology is revolutionising the next-generation Micro-LED display industry by enabling all three (red, green and blue) pixel colours to be realised on a single InGaN materials system – an important world-first for mass market adoption.
About the role
We are now recruiting a skilled Controls & Instrumentation Engineer (CIE) with experiences in software, signal processing, Controls and AI/ML algorithms to join our multi-disciplinary team. This is an important role in our fast-growing company to revolutionise the future and is responsible for designing and developing tools used to precisely monitor and control machinery, processes and systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop/implement on-line parameter estimation methods for process monitoring, calibration and optimisation;
- Develop control techniques to improve control performance and repeatability of process;
- Implement/debug/test modeling and control algorithms;
- Design test bench and simulation platforms to verify the model and control systems;
- Work closely with engineers, designers, project managers of varying disciplines to develop dynamic models of the process for performance monitoring, fault detection, and predictive maintenance and tighter control;
- Project management within cost and time constrained environments;
- Developing communication, control philosophy, and cause and effect documents.
- Experience on PLC programming and modbus/TCP communication protocol to the equipment
- Familiar to develop the user interface either by C/C++ or Python
- Minimum three years’ professional experience in control/simulation environment.
- Demonstrable experience of linear feedback control system design, feedforward control and MIMO control.
- Demonstrable experience of signal processing.
- Strong skills in modeling and simulation using MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python
- Experience in embedded control systems, machine learning, Failure Detection and Classification (FDC) (an advantage).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong analytical and problem solver and ability to working in a problem-oriented team
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate could also benefit from a generous company share option program as well as health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to making your acquaintance.