Controls & Instrumentation Engineer (CIE)
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech) utilises its core porous GaN platform technology and global supply chain to deliver next generation microLED technologies into applications from AR glasses to videowalls. The PoroGaN® platform enables Porotech to produce both high colour purity monochrome microLED technology and multi/full colour displays based on its’ ground-breaking DynamicPixelTuning® (DPT®) technology.
The DPT® technology offers an entirely new approach to full colour microLED displays. DPT means the end of ‘RGB’ sub-pixels and instead allows a single pixel to be designated any colour in the visible spectrum. This simplifies & improves the design of the display and optical system and removes major manufacturing roadblocks.
About the role
We are now recruiting a skilled Controls & Instrumentation Engineer (CIE) with experiences in software, signal processing, Controls and AI/ML algorithms to join our multi-disciplinary team. Must have proof of right to work in the UK to apply.
This is an important role in our fast-growing company to revolutionise the future and is responsible for designing and developing tools used to precisely monitor and control machinery, processes and systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop/implement on-line parameter estimation methods for process monitoring, calibration and optimisation
- Develop control techniques to improve control performance and repeatability of process
- Implement/debug/test modeling and control algorithms
- Design test bench and simulation platforms to verify the model and control systems
- Work closely with engineers, designers, project managers of varying disciplines to develop dynamic models of the process for performance monitoring, fault detection, and predictive maintenance and tighter control
- Project management within cost and time constrained environments
- Developing communication, control philosophy, and cause and effect documents
- Experience on PLC programming and modbus/TCP communication protocol to the equipment
- Familiar to develop the user interface either by C/C++ or Python
- Minimum three years’ professional experience in control/simulation environment.
- Demonstrable experience of linear feedback control system design, feedforward control and MIMO control.
- Demonstrable experience of signal processing.
- Strong skills in modeling and simulation using MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python
- Experience in embedded control systems, machine learning, Failure Detection and Classification (FDC) (an advantage).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong analytical and problem solver and ability to working in a problem-oriented team
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate could also benefit from health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to making your acquaintance.